Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome!

Hello, I am (now) B.J. Stone, my radio name for the past 18 years. Prior to that, I had a real name. I don't remember it now.

After 35 years in communications, from radio to TV to newspaper, from entry level positions all the way up to General Manager, I have, well, been around the block. I decided to start this blog to offer up free (mostly, maybe it'll turn into more than that) advice to my broadcasting and print friends that might help them improve their career standing, or at the very least the sound of their radio station, the quality of their TV broadcast, or the look of their print or online publication.

I will not try to claim to be an expert in anything related to newspaper, internet, or television, instead just giving observations from "outside" that might turn into something useful. I will claim to be an expert at small market radio, and I will make pointed commentary towards radio, both small and large markets, my medium of choice.

I will also add this disclaimer: There are a LOT of good things going on in all of the above-referenced forms of communication, and I want to acknowledge that now. I say that now because this blog will appear to be "negative" more than "positive" in it's advice and direction, and I don't want to give the impression that I am simply a complainer. So the disclaimer is in force. Read on, comment, call me what you want, and know that if you disagree with me, get ready for an argument, because debate might be what I do best, at least I certainly like to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment